Monday, January 7, 2008

First Day Back

Today was the first day back to school after Christmas break. I actually woke up a few times before my alarm and felt a little anxious. I didn't want to leave late today since I needed to get some things done before school started. For some reason it was really weird going back and I felt overwhelmed and anxious (kind of like the first day of school). On the way to school I made the effort to pray over the kids. I don't always do this, but when I do I really feel God's help. Honestly, most mornings I drive with my coffee in one hand and the radio blaring in efforts to wake myself up. So this morning I listened to the Lord and asked him for specific covering for my school and my students. I was nervous that they would act terribly today because they had been out of routine for the past 2 weeks. I really feel like today God helped me out because they were seriously little angels. It was really sweet to see the kids and to know that the Spirit of God was on them and in my classroom. What a way to start the new year! Now only if I could not fall into my usual sleepy rut and ask his blessing and covering on each child and circumstance daily.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker