Friday, January 4, 2008
Flannel Sheets
I never thought I would do this, but I purchased some flannel sheets! I am a little bit still asking myself, Why? Well, flannel sheets were Bryon's favorite things pre-marriage. I mean, he loved those things! After we were engaged we were looking at our registry online while sitting on his bed. I mentioned that we needed to look for new bedding, and he looked at me and said, "We'll just use these." He was completely serious and referring to his grey flannel sheets and brown corduroy bedspread. EWW! Not in my new house!! So, it's been over a year that we have been married and I have probably heard about the flannel sheets at least once a week. Especially in the winter when it gets a little cold in our bedroom. You see, we have these nice 600 thread count sheets that I think are super soft and comfortable. He, on the other hand, thinks they're uncomfortable and "smooth," not soft. To Bryon, soft is the fuzzy flannel and our sheets are just smooth and slick! Ha, ha. So for about 4-5 nights per week during the winter he mentions that our sheets get too cold and are not soft. And 2 nights ago, I caved and started to believe him. I mean, they do get a little cold in the winter, but they are perfect for the summer. So I headed off to Dillard's to see if they had any black boots on sale (which they did) and then I paid a visit to the "home" department where I found some flannel sheets ON SALE. I would not have bought them if they weren't on sale. And I caved. I got them, and rushed home to wash them and put them on the bed. When he got home I was so excited that I made him go on a scavenger hunt to find his surprise. He loved it, and I too have come to actually really like the flannel sheets. I can't believe it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hahaha thats hilarious! flannel sheets. maybe we need those. Adam's getting tired of my icicle feet of death
Lindsey, I am so glad to be able to see your sweet face & keep up with what's happening in your life! I thought you had dropped off the cliff in cyberspace!
haha lindsey you are too funny! i mean who still does scavenger hunts post-wedding for their significant other??? for flannel sheets at that!!!! you're my hero.
Post a Comment