and a penicillin injection, and a steroid injection, and 3 prescriptions, and some saltines, and 7up.
Oh wow, am I sick. I am writing this so everyone will feel sorry for me and hopefully I will receive a cookie bouquet or some balloons or at least a card. Well, a few nights a go I got just a little tickle in the back of my throat. Sadly, that tickle has turned into what feels like FIRE. I have no desire to talk or do anything that vibrates my vocal chord. I surely don't feel like drinking or eating because it hurts too darn much to simply swallow.
So, last night we went to the birthday party for Bryon's dad and I felt terrible. I ended up on the recliner with a blanket covering me but I was still shivering and shaking. If I got up I would feel light headed and my skin was ghostly white. So we left and about 2 miles down the road we had to pull over for the unthinkable. Yes, I stood hunched over on the side of the highway "blowing chunks" as my dad says. It was awful. When I got home I went straight to bed after brushing my teeth (obviously) and trying to drink some water since I knew I threw up everything that could potentially nourish and hydrate my body. Throughout the night the fever grew, but the nausea went away.
So this morning my precious husband set out for the drug store in search of some relief. He came back with some medicine and offered to make me some dry toast (yummy). We signed in online at Care Now and waited at home until they called saying they were ready for us... how great is that?! Once we got there the nurse did a throat culture and tested for strep and it came back VERY positive. They also said I had a terrible sinus infection and would need some major drugs. Feeling so terrible, I agreed to let them pump me with drugs.
After that we were on our way to the oh so wonderful WAL MART. We needed to take advantage of their $4 prescriptions. Well, after dropping the prescriptions off they told us it would be about 20 minutes so we set out into the store with the other 1000 people....and I looked like DEATH. I prayed that I would see no one I knew, but lo and behold I saw one of my old student's moms and brothers. It was a perfect reunion/catch up on the kids and family moment, but I had to excuse myself due to my illness. It was so embarrassing that I was wearing grey sweats, a grey fleece, no makeup, and wet pony tailed hair (SICK).
Anyway, Bryon and I picked up some healthy get-well food and I made my way to stand in line back at the pharmacy pick up window for another 20 minutes. He checked out with the groceries and was waiting for me at the front with the car upon my exit from the lovely Wal Mart. I do not recommend trying to shop for groceries or even going to Wal Mart when you feel like I did (and still do).
So, we stopped at Sonic for a fruit slush (strawberry lime to be exact) and headed home for an afternoon of napping and my favorite musical, The Sound of Music. I am thankful for Bryon and his selflessness as he tries to care for me while I know I am acting a little mean and bossy.
Please pray that I kick this and that the fire in my throat is extinguished soon. No pictures of this will be posted...they would be way too embarrassing. Ha. Thanks for reading. Hope your weekend is better than mine.

6 comments:
SO SORRY you are sick. That's what comes when you teach a classroom full of petri-dishes of germs. The anti-biotics work fast, so you should begin to feel better by tomorrow. TAKE ALL of those anti-biotics to prevent relapse. NO FUN BEING SICK! Thankful for that Godly husband to minister to you!
Oh, buddy! That stinks!
oh lindsey....that sounds awful... jack is so sad that you are ill :(
Hey girl.. thanks for the sweet comment.. hope you are feeling better! This pom party should remind me of the MPHS days too..only they want to know a lot more about bring married than we ever did! :)
Hey I'm glad you found our blog! I'm so sorry you're so sick! Strep is the worst too! I hope you feel better soon. I missed you at church this morning and I told Bryon to take good care of you. But it sounds like he already is!
Feel better. Love, April
buuuummmer! Im so sorry! Your post worked - I feel awful for you :) Really.. I hope you get to feelin better soon.
Post a Comment