Well, I love being a teacher because we get 2 weeks off for Christmas and lots of other breaks. I was SO ready for Christmas break this year. Those Kindergarteners were simply wearing me out.
For Christmas, Bryon and I went to my parent's house in Mount Pleasant and had our McKellar family Christmas with everyone on my mom's side. Sadly, no one took any pictures of that night, but we had LOTS of fun. We play a Chinese gift exchange which is always super fun. Later that evening, we exchanged gifts with my immediate family since it was the only time we would be with them over the Christmas holidays. Bryon got a rifle! He was so excited about it and cant wait to go hunting with it. We had a great time with them and were sad that Christmas with them was short.
We went home on Sunday because Bryon had to work on Monday and Tuesday. Then Wednesday morning, 6 of us loaded up in one vehicle to make the trek to Colorado to visit both sides of Bryon's extended family. The drive was LONG, but not so bad. We spent Christmas eve with Bryon's mom's side and Christmas day with Bryon's dad's side. There were at least 25 people at each family gathering. Again, I took no pictures because EVERYONE else was taking them for me. If you want to see pictures, I'm sure you can find them on Facebook posted by some of Bryon's cousins. After a few days in Denver, we went up to Breckenridge to enjoy the mountains. We did lots of shopping, eating, and Bryon and Jon got to go skiing.
We had a great Christmas and are so thankful for our families and the fun times we got to spend with them. We are especially thankful for the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and all that he has done for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment