Oh, how I long for heaven. To see Jesus face to face, to hug my Grandmama, and to worship my Maker every minute.
I have been reading a book called Heaven is for Real (I know, shocker, I really never read...for this I am very proud of myself). It is about a little boy who underwent an appendectomy, VISITED HEAVEN, and lived to tell about it in his sweet 4 year old words. I admit, I still am a little skeptical (which I just need to let go of), but the book has the most interesting insights into Heaven and what he describes really correlates with scripture.
Also, our pastor just concluded a sermon series called Flip This Life with a sermon that touched on heaven and eternity. The series has been about the journey the Israelites took to the Promise Land (Exodus 3). He talked about HOPE and defined it as 'confident expectation in ___.' The question is, What am I putting my confident expectation in? It should be God, unfortunately always isn't. Anyway, I'm getting off the point and trying to summarize the sermon when you can just go here to check it out for yourself.
So, basically I pray that my perspective on my life and heaven is the same as Paul's in Philippians 1:21...For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.

No comments:
Post a Comment