My bible study leader, who is AMAZING, constantly encourages us to find a 'place' in our home that is marked as your place where you spend time with Jesus. That way, each time you pass it, you are reminded of spending time with Jesus there. I love this idea and love my 'place,' I just need to get there more often.
So, today I sat in my 'place' while Campbell played with her toys on the floor. I loved this time today. Reading the Psalms and studying the stories behind them. After reading I was struggling with focusing in prayer. Campbell was also trying to pull up and chew on the coffee table. So, I grabbed her along with the nearest toy and brought her to my chair. A little distracted by her squirmy-cute-self I took the toy, which was a plush book with a bear-rattle on the cover, and began to read it to her.

Here are the words I read from the baby book:
Lord Jesus, hear me when I pray.
Be my friend all through the day.
Thank you for good food to eat.
For eyes and nose and hands and feet!
Bless those who tuck me in at night.
Keep us safe 'till morning's light. Amen.
AMEN! I read it over and over to her, savoring each word as a gift from God in my distracted weakness. I just needed that simple prayer of asking Jesus to hear me when I pray. I love that he teaches me so much through the simple things...even my baby's simple toys.
Here is the scripture on the back of the book: "Lord, teach us to pray." Luke 11:1
This is my heart's desire...to know how to pray and connect with Jesus in an intimate way.

1 comment:
I love this prayer! Such a sweet and simple reminder of how the Lord does hear our requests- no matter how they are worded. :) I think I want to teach this one to Tris!
Post a Comment