Thursday, March 24, 2011

honey do list...

Warning, this is a boring post, but I need some advice.

Last week I posted a list of projects that I intend to do this spring. I'm pretty excited about the little touch ups in and around our house. Still, the only things I've done on that list is planted the herbs in pots. I have bought the stuff to make the curtains, but the sewing machine is still broken, :(

Anyway, one of the reasons behind the spring project list is the fact that I'm having a baby shower for a sweet friend at my house on April 10. No better reason to spruce up your home a little, right? So question is, how early is too early to get started on the 'cleaning' aspect of preparing my home. Many of the projects require 2 people so I want to get things checked off of my other list (lots of lists here). Here is the other list (some things may overlap).

-planting in front
-clean windows and screens (outside)
-clean windows (inside)
-dust blinds
-baseboards
-touch up paint walls
-clean front patio furniture
-power wash front patio and porch
-get rid of any dirt dobber nests
-clean back porch (again)
-clean bird poop from patio furniture (gross)
-kitchen curtains
-guest room curtains
-frame pics and art in living room
-find, paint, and hang mirror in living room
-hanging baskets in back
-hang up baby swing in back

I'm overwhelmed now. But is must remember, that lots of these projects are for Bryon to do (Thank you, Lord, that he is a great helper!). So, the question stands... as far as the 'cleaning' stuff goes...what can I do now? Like, can I do baseboards and dust blinds (I know some people dust blinds regularly, but I hate it so it is a big deal for me to be doing them) now or do I need to wait till closer to the shower?

I'm sure none of you even care, but if you do you are welcome to come help (I'll make you lunch), or just offer up your suggestions. :)

PS...Congratulations, you made it to the end of this really long post. That must mean that you are sort of interested in me so you need to be a FOLLOWER!! I only have 22 FOLLOWERS (including myself, so really only 21)! So, If you aren't yet a FOLLOWER, just click FOLLOW on the right side under the pictures. THANK YOU!!!

5 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Ummmmmm. I am not very good at these kind of dilemmas. Cleaning...I usually wait until the last minute and run around like a mad woman.

The Broaddus Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Broaddus Family said...

Once you figure it all out let me know... I'm still trying to figure out how to clean with an infant period. Forget the baseboards- I just need to sweep and dust! :)

AshleighWilson said...

your list seems to be DEEP cleaning stuff. I think I start with the blinds/baseboards/clean outside windows things that you know need to be done but no one else is going to notice first. Then touch up the paint and hang things on the walls and curtains. I would save all the outside stuff to be done at the same time and maybe the weekend before everyone is coming over except maybe the flower beds.
Good luck, I am alot like you I think. I think EVERYTHING has to be perfect before anyone comes over, but as my kids have gotten older and undo the things I do, it has gotten a little better. Good luck, I hope my 2 cents helps at least a little.

lauren said...

I'm kind of with Camille on this one:o)!!!! But I think you can go ahead and clean the blinds and baseboards...and if you are making curtains it would probably be good to get that done asap!!!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker