Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm back...again!

Well, I'm back. It's been since August since I've posted. I know, that's way too long. Crazy that my first semester of teaching where I am has already passed. Teaching is tough, tiring, and time consuming. I usually find myself at the school till 5:30-6 and then doing this and that at home to prepare for the next day. I'm no super teacher, it really just takes a lot of planning, thinking through, and preparation. It is now the last week day of my 2 week "Christmas Break." Now the breaks are the best think about my job. I'm a little sad that when Monday rolls around, I will be waking up around 5:30 and heading off to the daily grind. I actually do miss my kids a little and am excited to see their progress this next semester.

I will also be looking for a new job over the next few months. I like my school, but there are lots of schools closer to home that I will hopefully find a position in. Friends, please pray for something to work out.

Bryon and I just got home last Sunday night from our Christmas vacation to Colorado with family. We had a great time. We went to Denver to see both his Mom and Dad's side. I had never been to Denver with him, so it was great to see where the family lives and meet even more of his sweet and HUGE family.

On Christmas night we drove from Denver to Keystone for 4 days of skiing. Boy, it was COLD there!!! Some nights it was around -10 degrees. The skiing was really great, however. They has just received about 8 inches of snow the day before our first day on the mountain. The sun was out most of the time. I am very picky about the weather when I ski. Sadly, if it is not how I like it, I can be a big brat. Ha. Ha. So, despite freezing fingers and toes (at times) it was nice.

That's enough for now. I know there is alot to catch yall up on. I'll post some pictures later (for you, Mimi)!

1 comment:

Brooke & Freeland said...

YAY!!! Im so glad you are back!!!!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker