7-11 ABC: Good Morning America, Good Morning Texas, The View
11 and on Food Network and TLC: many cooking shows, What Not to Wear, Jon and Kate plus 8
Notice that I am trying to stay away from "daytime television." I do not want to get addicted to soaps! I do enjoy a little OC every now and then. And I didn't even know it was considered a soap opera till I found it on the SoapNET.
Now, I'm not only watching TV all day long. I'm a busy body inside the house and use the TV as background noise/information. I do have an occasional sit or lay on the couch to soak in a really good show.
The past few days I have been organizing piles and piles of school stuff that was given to me by my mom and some of her retired teacher friends. I now own over 1000 children's book. I have my own library!!! I am very dorkishly excited about this. I have been cataloging all of my books online at www.librarything.com. You should check this site out if you enjoy reading or have a lot of books like I do. You just enter the ISBN # then it pulls up all of this information about your books. Like wikipedia you can add information about the books to the site and then in your own library you can add tags or comments to help you in your organization system.
So, our garage is a temporary storage shed for my library. I ordered 30 of those magazine file boxes and know that I'm going to need about 30 more to store everything. I'm sorting them by subject, so I (and my students) and quickly access them.
My mom also gave me about 100 "teacher books." These are great resources for the classroom. They contain an endless amount of lesson plans and lesson ideas. They range from thematic subjects (ex. All About Oceans, or Terrific Zoo Activities, etc.) to general school subjects (ex. A Poem A Week, Lasting Literacy Centers, etc.). For these, I am very grateful. Now I just need days and days (and motivation) to read/study/plan. But for now, I'm looking forward to completing this organization project and being able to park my car back inside the garage.
And I'm especially thankful for many many hours to spend with this sweet face...






3 comments:
You're a huge dork. And I love you!
I also keep the tube on for background noise. IT IS WAY TOO QUIET out in the country without it!
Linds... we should totally live close to each other because we do the same things over the summer... it would be fun to organize my library and watch t.v. with a buddy! Who says teachers have summers off?? Love your sweet dog... miss you!
Post a Comment