Anyway, Bryon and I have been saving to put up an arbor and patio on the backyard. Bryon designed it all and originally planned to do it on his own with a little help from my dad. In the end we had a crew come out to do the stone work and the fire pit. We are very glad we did that, b/c they did and awesome job and it only took 1.5 days. A project like that probably would have taken us a month!!
The truck is loaded with wood to return to Home Depot. That was about the 20th Home Depot run. Notice Bryon's t-shirt hanging off as a flag. He had to sit in the bed of the truck on that wood so it wouldn't fly out and I had to drive about 25 mph the whole way there. Good thing it's close!!
Dad and Bryon are hard at work on the arbor.
I'm being really helpful in this one!
Real funny Dad!!
Much better.
A few weeks later. The arbor is mostly done and is now stained. Bryon dug up all of the sod under the arbor for the patio to go there. This was when we were still planning to doing it on our own. I think 8 hours in the sun of digging up sod with a shovel was the deciding factor for calling in a little backup.
We had such a muddy backyard for a while. That is where Judge loved to play and frequently got super muddy.
Here we finally got some boards for the top of the arbor and Bryon is positioning them so we get an idea of how we want them spaced.
Matching camo hats are perfect for a hard days work!
TA DA! It's (almost) done. We still have to sand/stain the boards for the top and put them up. But we LOVE the patio.
We can't wait to build fires out there this fall!
Excuse the wheelbarrow.
See those tall stacks of boards. I sanded all of them. I have 5 more to go. Had to quit early that day b/c I got a splinter in my eye. Ouch!
Last pic for now. We love it!!!

2 comments:
Your backyard looks wonderful! I know y'all will enjoy it!!
yay it's done!!! looks awesome!!!
Post a Comment