I need some help for a dessert item for a couple's shower. We're throwing this couple's shower on Saturday for a sweet little couple that in our community group and getting married in July.
We're having "finger food" type appetizers and desserts. Pork tenderloin crustinis, baked brie, bruschetta, spinach artichoke dip, shrimp skewers, and chocolate cups with strawberry lime mousse are on the menu. I need to bring a complimentary dessert... something in an individual portion... I was thinking that could go in a mini cupcake paper thing.
Anywhoo.... please give me your input. It's like a poll. The winning person might get a prize!!
YAY! Thanks for your help!

6 comments:
2 EASY ideas-
Make individual cheesecakes & put a topping of your choice on them-carmel/fruit/whatever-you can get the little crusts at the grocery store.
Buy frozen phillo dough and make individual fruit filled/with fruit sauce (easy) & top with whipped cream.
BOTH ARE YUMMY & EASY
OH YEAH-I have also have made individual frozen desserts in small wine glasses-put ice cream/carmel made from Sweetened Condensed Milk/Crushed Heath Bar (found in baking section at store/and whipped cream in layers. Top with whipped cream. VERY VERY EASY-PRETTY & GOOOOOOOOD!
mini cheesecakes are perfect and I have used a vanilla wafer for the crust and its delicious!
i was going to say individual cheese cakes too...
i always just do them on graham crackers and make my fruit dip (1 tub of whipped cream cheese, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp vanilla...blended) put that on the graham cracker and top with a strawberry slice. it's a good little "tapa"
thanks everyone!!!
You might not want to use them for this occasion but you need to google 'cake balls' They are awesome. My friend Kelly makes the chocolate cake ones and dips them in chocolate! To die for!
Post a Comment