Tuesday, August 5, 2008

the pressure is on

I really feel pressure to make this post a good one since I've been M.I.A. for a few weeks. I start back to work in less than 6 days and to tell you the truth, I have been mourning the loss of my days of freedom. So to make the most of my last days I have decided to make curtains for my home. That's right... I'm making them on my new sewing machine. Call me Martha. For my birthday, Bryon's parents gave me a sewing machine, so I have spent the last couple of days shopping for fabric and planning the curtains. We are currently working on curtains for the master bedroom and will then move to the dining room. Karon (Bryon's mom) has come over the past 2 days to help me measure and cut fabric and then start sewing. Turns out, I'm horrible at sewing. My first line down the 82 in panel looked like a slithering snake. I think that one will go in the corner. After a few hours and LOTS of mess ups. (I jammed my machine about 5 times.) I finally resorted to ironing. I'm good at that. I can stand in front of the TV and I know what I am doing. So, we are almost done with the curtains for the bedroom. I'm going to get grommets for the tops of the curtains today and we should mount them on the wall tonight! Yay!

So, let's see...what else has been going on?? Saturday night, Bryon and I attended Julie and David wedding. It was fun to see a handful of old friends. Mostly guys my age that I hung around with quite a bit. The wedding was so sweet. Julie looked like a model and David was glowing too. The reception was amazing. I was overwhelmed by the beautiful flower arrangements and they also had this really cool lighting effect that made the walls pink. So fun! Bryon says the dinner (filet) was the best steak he has ever had. Wow. After he mentioned that to me, I gave him the rest of mine. I did taste it, and it was really good. We got to see Megan, Julie, Brian, Jerica, and others. Fun times!

That's all for now. I'll try to post more later and include pictures. You all need to see how much Judge is growing. He's 3X bigger than the day we got him. What a cutie!

I'm off to the sewing store for some grommets!!

3 comments:

Lora said...

Miss Martha, please post pics of the "window treatments"(you must use the correct phraseology). I need to get out the old sewing machine again. Maybe this winter when I can't get out.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

WHOA! I don't even know what an 87 is but it sounds hard! Teach me your ways, oh Martha!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

P.S. Mom, when can you not get out during the winter? You live in Louisiana! The low is like 55 degrees.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker