Tuesday, July 14, 2009

lots to do...

I went up to the school today to start getting my new classroom set up. Yes...for my 4th year of teaching I am in my 4th new classroom. Why do I do this to myself? It's like in college..I never lived in the same place longer than one year. Oh well. For those of you who don't know, I will be teaching Kindergarten this year but staying in the same school. So I'm only moving 2 doors down the hallway.

So, It was sweltering hot in the classroom. And when I walked in an overwhelmed feeling rushed all over me. There is so much to do! I have the time, but I REALLY don't want to waste my pool time on working in my classroom. (I know, I'm whining, but that is how I feel.) So, I stood there for 5 minutes just thinking about where to begin. So, I decided to re-arrange furniture to hopefully get a vision for how I want the permanent set up of the room to be. I did this for 30 minutes and got it to a set up I like, but there are still some oddly placed BIG furniture items. 2 huge black filing cabinets are included. I hate those things. They are so ugly and just get in the way, but I must have them b/c they hold all of my teaching materials. I just wish I had a filing cabinet closet. Anyway, I'm sure there will be much more re-arranging to do, but for now it is fine.

My next task is to start organizing and putting things away. Wow. Lots to do. Lots to do.

3 comments:

Lora said...

Have you ever thought about painting those file cabinets some WILD and CRAZY Color? Or How about some stick on shelves or hooks to hang really COOL kid thing?

Lindsey said...

i think painting them is a great idea, but not sure if i would be allowed to.

they are, however, a useful magnetic board where the kids can practice spelling with magnetic letters.

thanks for the suggestion of the shelves and hooks!

The Bass Family said...

hey linds... i totally feel your pain about changing classrooms...this will be my 6th year teaching and i have switched rooms 5 times!! i know you are becoming a pro at it though!! keep blogging...i hate when you are gone from the blogging world for so long!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker