Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So Annoyed...

So today the temp outside was 46 degrees, but it felt like 39 degrees according to weather.com. This report was for 11:00 am which is our recess time at school. Well, according to some of the older and lazier teachers (did I really say that?) at school, this temp was way too cold for the kids to go outside. The sun was BRIGHTLY shining and there was not a cloud in sight. With jackets, the kids would be FINE. I know in the north, the kids go out if it's above 7 degrees and not snowing. They would just laugh at our 39 degrees and staying inside. I guess the worst thing is keeping Kindergarteners in your classroom for "inside recess." They need to get their energy out OUTSIDE. Needless to say, I was very annoyed that my class wasn't allowed to go out today. I'm praying for weather above 39 degrees tomorrow.

3 comments:

Olson Family said...

hopefully you get to go outside today so your kids can get all their A.D.D. tendencies out on the swingset and not in your classroom.

CALL ME!

Lora said...

I agree all kids need outdoor activity-no matter the temperature-only keep them out of the rain. I spent my childhood and most of my time now outdoors, working off that pent up energy!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh I alwayas hated that. The kids could care less if they had on bathing suits in that weather!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker