Tuesday, February 26, 2008

this shouldn't be cute...

So, today I was rounding the kiddos up for lunch. You know, let the annoying teacher's pet little girls ring the bell 2 times each and then shout "Clean up for lunch." Then, I proceed to watch the rest of the class race for their cubbies, grab their snack money and jacket, and then race to the door. All the while, I'm watching like a hawk...and the second their little steps turn into a run I send them to the end of the line.... "so sad that you were running in the room, AJ." Then I turn to survey the room to see who cleaned up their center and who pushed in their chairs. The 2 little teacher's pets are left behind picking up puzzle pieces that are strown across the floor and picking up markers from under the table; all this for a pink smelly heart sticker.

Well, back to what happened today during "clean up for lunch time"... I walk over to help some kids pick up their puzzle and overhear a group of 4 kids talking... "Yeah, it's a cuss word." "Uh huh, it is too a bad word." "Yeah, the F word is a bad word." "My mom said it's bad." I quickly tell them that we do not talk about that at school and curse words should never be said or discussed. That's what any good teacher would do. But secretely, I'm laughing inside because I'm 99% sure that this "F" word is fart. Maybe, I'm naive and 5 year olds really do talk about the real "F" word and if that is true, I am really sad. But in all reality, fart is just as bad as any other word to them and is NOT ALLOWED because "my mom said so."

1 comment:

Olson Family said...

smart kids....i believe the polite term is "gas" ...there are zero bad "g" words!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker