I cannot say enough about my best girls. I don't even get to see them that much, but they bless my life so much. Paige, my long time bestie, is so wise. She has gained wisdom from the Lord throughout many different circumstances in her life and has become such a beautiful woman. I miss her so much and every time we talk I am honestly changed. Camille, my "in the room" college roommate also lives on the opposite side of the country, yet she makes me smile so often. She, too, is a woman of faith and Godly wisdom. We were involved in the same activities and church while in college so we got to share in so many activities. I have seen her heart molded into one that fully seeks the Lord and completely shines for him. She is the funniest girl and a blessing in so many ways. So, let's hear it for the GIRLS! (cheese)
Moving on to tonight... the Kindergarten PTO program. Remember those... you would practice in music class for weeks. You would sing songs like... Happy Birthday, The Wheels on the Bus, The Days of the Week and How Much is the Doggy in the Window... or if your music teacher was really creative they would put together a rendition of some Disney tunes and you may get to wear real costumes. I remember in second grade we did a Disney musical in which I was Daisy Duck. I got to dance with the cutest boy in second grade... Patrick McClennan who was obviously dressed as Daffy Duck. That program was pretty awesome...I must say that my elem. programs were much better than the ones the music teacher puts on at the school where I teach. (Is that bad, sorry Mrs. Morris).
Anyway, the program was tonight and out of about 80 Kindergartners only 25 showed up. Horrific. I guess LOTS of people were busy. Well, the kids sang well and each kid had about 5 instrument or puppet parts in which they LOVED. They could not keep the maracas/scrapers/drums/horns quiet for anything. However, the parents all just loved seeing their little angels play the scraper and sing Wheels on the Bus (for the 93rd time).
I was privileged to create a slide show of pics of all the kids. I would post it, but I don't think I'm allowed to post all of their pics on the world wide web. But, if you want to see it... just ask and I'll let you.
Speaking of the world wide web.... I have a funny little statement: So I took the kids to the computer lab today to let them work on "surfing" the web. They absolutely love computers and think they are so big. I'm sitting at the desk working on math lesson plans when little Haley comes up and says, "Mrs. Arita, can you get me on www.com?" I then have to tell her that she is already on http://www.com/ and to go sit down because I was busy. (Sorry if that isn't as cute/funny as it was to me.... you may have had to be there.)

5 comments:
You are sweet, Lindsey. Amazing, actually. I feel blessed by you too. love you.
Hey! I did find you and I spent the weekend (While Katie was watching cartoons) reading up on all of you (Meredith, you, Paige, Nichole, Mimi and Lockie). It was so much fun to see all that ya'll are doing and now I can keep and touch and see what all is going on. I CAN'T believe you graduated 8 years ago!!!! I AM SO OLD!!!!!
Camille was blessed to have YOU as her roomie! A stabilizing force in the "Crazy World of Camille"!
Ha! That's funny. Excuse me, teacher! Hey teacher! Can I sharpen my pencil? Teacher??
P.S. Thanks a lot, Mom. Sheesh!
Hey Lindsey. It's Anna Agan. Christy sent me your blog and I loved reading the latest. Remember when I saw u at Cristina's in Friso? We are so close, let's meet for lunch, dinner and / or drinks. NO DEMERITS will be given for drinking!!!! call me at (972) 935-1512 or email at shoptiludrop04@hotmail.com Love 'ya :)
Post a Comment