Let me preface this post with this: I know those of you reading this who are older than me may cringe at my thoughts on getting 'old.' Please just know that my use of the term 'old' is only relevant to my 3 years out of college (and I don't even know if I just used the term relevant in the right way). Not sure this post is getting off on the right foot..
Anyway...getting old is no fun. When Camille and I lived on Willowbrook for what we wished was a victory lap, but we were actually in the working world (no one really believed me as I was at all Phi Chi events and most intramural games), we hated going to Baylor campus because we felt like our clothes were so out of style. We were only a few months out of college, but when we walked past the front steps of Collins dorm or stood in line for a frozen mochachino at CG's we sometimes wanted to disappear as the 5'6 105lb freshman girl strutted past in whatever the fashion of the time was. You see, I was so far removed that I don't even remember what was in style. We usually just played it safe with the staple rainbows, designer jeans, and North Face jacket.
Moving on, I was just stalking someone on facebook that I haven't seen or heard from in about 4 years (since we worked together at Camp Ozark) and read that they were attending the Norman-Dunn wedding in a few weeks. This saddened me because I think I know these 2 from camp and had no clue that they were dating much less about to tie the knot. I may be completely wrong, but the circumstance seems right for my instincts to be correct. If I'm right, then best wishes and congrats to the almost newlyweds! On a personal note, my lack of knowledge makes me feel majorly out of the loop and 'old.' Not old like I need to cover my greys and shop at Chicos, or get a cane and drive a Lincoln, but old like 'old and married and living in the suburbs and out of the loop'....out of the cool "hey lets all get together and go on a random/spontaneous road trip to visit camp friends" loop.
Sad day.
Change of Subject....
Went to Waco yesterday for the Baylor/A&M baseball game. In typical Baylor fashion, they led by 6 runs in the 8th inning and then completely lost their lead and let A&M score 6 runs. The game went into extra innings and Baylor finally lost while trying to steal home on the 3rd out and the dude got tagged out (or something like that). Oh well, better luck next time Bears. We did get to see the Aggie coach get thrown out of the game (and I think a player) and the umpire behind home plate get nailed in the forearm with a 90 mph pitch. Ouch! We also got to see my baby brother who is living it up during his freshman year, my sweet cousins and their little munchkin Betsy Grace. She's a cutie.

2 comments:
I REFUSE to even comment on this crazy post about getting OLD!
Haha! Shopping at Chicos! That was funny.
Post a Comment