Saturday, June 21, 2008

Movie Review

Of all my blog readers, Camille and Jerica can testify to the fact that I rarely make it to the end of a movie awake. So you can take or leave my movie review of Steve Carell's latest flick, Get Smart. I'll have you know that I did make it to the end awake, but had a few incidents of head nodding near the end of the movie (this is very typical for me). Carell was hilarious as usual and my favorite part was a funny incident on the airplane when he had a few mishaps with one of his little gadgets (I won't spoil it for you). Anyway, overall the movie was good, but not great. I agree with the following quotes from USA Today's movie review:




"While the film is breezily entertaining, it also is surprisingly generic, despite the likable Steve Carell as Maxwell Smart. Carell does a fine, goofy job."


"...it can't decide whether it wants to be a thrilling action movie or a quirky comic spoof. The elements seem in conflict, rather than seamlessly blended."
So, go see it for yourself and let me know what you think. Also, be sure to sit beside the guy with the laugh that sounds like he has smoked for 100 years and now suffers from emphysema. He would start laughing uncontrollably then unleash the long breathy laugh that sounded like I needed to call 911 just in case he was about to hyperventilate. (I know that's not a good description of the laugh, but hopefully you catch my drift.) At one point Bryon and I were laughing hysterically at the dude, not even the show. Fun times.

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Good review! I always enjoy a good laugher, he or she can make the movie!

Olson Family said...

wait, I'm still wondering how you stayed awake???? Must have been a great movie...or Bryon must have spiked your soda with red bull...lots and lots of red bull..

remember when you used to sit up in your bed from your deep slumber in the middle of the night suddenly and start talking loudly about nothing...scared me to death i tell ya!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker