Friday, October 10, 2008

the tooth fairy

One of the biggest differences I have found between First graders and Kindergartners is that First graders loose teeth CONSTANTLY. It seems like one of my kiddos has lost a tooth at school each week. It's pretty exciting when one of them suddenly exclaims, "Mrs. Arita, my tooth!!" And flashes me a snaggletooth/bloody smile. Ha. It's kinda gross, but funny b/c it is SO exciting to them. So then they get to go to the nurse and get the little white tooth shaped case for the real tooth that they wear around their neck on a string. Remember those things?!!

Well, the tooth fairy must have gotten a raise b/c these kids are raking in $5-$10 PER TOOTH! Crazy... the most I EVER got was 50 cents per tooth.

So, the best quote of the year so far comes from a conversation I had with a cute little girl this week regarding the Tooth Fairy:

R: Mrs. Arita, I lost a tooth last night! (She smiles and pulls down her lip to show me the little hole in her gum.)

ME: That's great! Did the tooth fairy come?

R: No. Mommy said the tooth fairy only comes on weekends!!

Ha! So funny! She said it so matter of factly and truthfully meant it. I guess the poor economy is hurting the tooth fairy also!

4 comments:

Lora said...

Momma needs to keep a stash for the days the tooth fairy needs to come. They are always a little unexpected and a trip to the ATM is difficult sometimes.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh, it used to give me the heeby jeebies when those kids were twisting their loose teeth all around in their mouths...just hanging by a thread. gag me!

Jenna Cox said...

i think the most i ever got was a quarter. i say that when we have kids, we go back to those days...b/c at this rate, we are going to have to put a 50 under their king size beds. HAHA.

I am glad you posted! I was thinking it was time for a Lindsey update! ;)

Jenna Cox said...

where have you been???? Update already! :)

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker